We at Validify Inc. ("Validify" "us", "we", or "our") recognize and respect the importance of maintaining the privacy of our customers. This Privacy Notice describes the types of information we collect from you when you visit our website ("Site"), Salesforce.com AppExchange application ("App") and/or use our services available thereon ("Services"). This Privacy Notice also explains how we process, transfer, store and disclose the information collected. "You" means any adult user of the App, Site and/or Services.
"Personal Data" means any information that refers, is related to, or is associated with an identified or identifiable individual or as otherwise may be defined by applicable law. This Privacy Notice details which Personal Data is collected by us in connection with provision of the Site, App and/or Services.
Personal Data We Collect
Depending on your usage, we collect different types of data and we and any of our third-party sub-contractors and service providers use the data we collect for different purposes, as specified below. It is your voluntary decision whether to provide us with certain Personal Data, but if you refuse to provide such Personal Data, you may not be able to subscribe to the App and we may not be able to provide you with the Services or part thereof.
1. Website Visitors:
• Contact Information - When you request information from us, or contact us for any other reason, we will collect any data you provide, such as your email address and the content of your inquiry. When you sign up for newsletters, we collect your name, email address, phone number and company you represent.
• Automatically Collected Data - When you visit the Site, we automatically collect information about your computer or mobile device, including non-Personal Data such as your operating system, and Personal Data such as IP address and device ID, as well as your browsing history and any information regarding your viewing history on our Site. For more information about the cookies and similar technologies we use and how to adjust your preferences, please see the section "Cookies and Similar Technologies" below.
2. App Users:
• Registration Data - When you register to use our App and/or Services, we receive the following Personal Data about you from Salesforce.com: your name, email address, phone number address and the name of the Company you represent.
• Payment Data - When you purchase access to the App and/or Services, we receive information related to such purchase, such as your name, phone number, email address, company you represent and payment method.
• Contact Information - When you request information from us, or contact us for any other reason, we will collect any data you provide, such as your name, email address, phone number, company you represent and the content of your inquiry. When you sign up for newsletters we collect your name, email address, phone number and company you represent.
• Automatically Collected Data - When you use the App, we automatically collect and receive from Salesforce.com certain information about your Salesforce.com account and usage history on the App. Please note that Salesforce.com is not responsible for the privacy, security or integrity of any such data provided to us by Salesforce.com. When you use our App and/or Services, Salesforce.com also collects certain Personal Data about you in connection with your the Salesforce.com account, subject to Salesforce.com's terms and privacy policies.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We and any of our trusted third-party subcontractors and service providers use the Personal Data we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes: (1) to provide you with the Site, App and/or Services; (2) to respond to your inquiries or requests, contact and communicate with you; (3) to develop new products or services and conduct analyses to improve our current content, products, and Services; (4) to contact you with informational newsletters and promotional and marketing materials relating to our products and services; (5) to review the usage and operations of our Site, App and Services; (6) to use your data in an aggregated, non-specific format for analytical purposes (as detailed below); (7) to prevent fraud, protect the security of our Site, App and Services, and address any problems with the Site, App and/or Services; and (8) to provide customer support.
By analyzing all information we receive, including all information concerning users we may compile statistical information across a variety of platforms and users ("Statistical Information"). Statistical Information helps us understand trends and customer needs so that new products and services can be considered and so that existing products and services can be tailored to customer desires. Statistical Information is anonymous and aggregated and we will not link Statistical Information to any Personal Data. We may share such Statistical Information with our partners, without restriction, on commercial terms that we can determine in our sole discretion.
We may use your Personal Data as required or permitted by any applicable law.
Sharing the Personal Data We Collect
We share your information, including Personal Data, as follows:
Business Partners, Service Providers, Affiliates, and Subcontractors:
We disclose information, including Personal Data we collect from and/or about you, to our trusted service providers, business partners, affiliates, subcontractors, who use such information to: (1) help us provide you with the App, Site and/or Services; (2) aid in their understanding of how users are using our App, Site and/or Services; (3) provide you with informational newsletters and promotional and marketing materials relating to our products and services.
We may use subcontractors and service providers who are located in countries other than your own and may send them information we receive (including Personal Data). All of our subcontractors and service providers will be subject to non-disclosure and non-use obligations.
Your Personal Data may be disclosed as part of, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets or acquisition (including in cases of liquidation) in such case, your Personal Data shall continue being subject to the provisions of this Privacy Notice.
Law Enforcement Related Disclosure
We may share your Personal Data with third parties: (i) if we believe in good faith that disclosure is appropriate to protect our or a third party's rights, property or safety (including the enforcement of this Privacy Notice); (ii) when required by law, regulation subpoena, court order or other law enforcement related issues, agencies and/or authorities; or (iii) as is necessary to comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligation.
We make efforts to follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Data submitted to and collected by us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Subject to applicable law, you may request to see any Personal Data you have provided to us and request that such Personal Data be corrected or updated by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We retain Personal Data as necessary for the purposes set forth above. We may delete information from our systems without notice to you once we deem it is no longer necessary for these purposes.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a small piece of text that is sent to a user's browser or device. The browser provides this piece of text to the device of the originating user when this user returns.
- A "session cookie" is temporary and will remain on your device until you leave the Site.
- A "persistent" cookie may be used to help save your settings and customizations across visits. It will remain on your device until you delete it.
- First-party cookies are placed by us, while third-party cookies may be placed by a third party. We use both first- and third-party cookies.
- We may use the terms "cookies" to refer to all technologies that we may use to store data in your browser or device or that collect information or help us identify you in the manner described above, such as web beacons or "pixel tags".
- Necessary: These cookies are necessary in order to allow the Site to work correctly. They enable you to access the Site, move around, and access different services, features, and tools. Examples include remembering previous actions (e.g. entered text) when navigating back to a page in the same session. These cookies cannot be disabled.
- Functionality: These cookies remember your settings and preferences and the choices you make (such as language or regional preferences) in order to help us personalize your experience and offer you enhanced functionality and content.
- Security: These cookies can help us identify and prevent security risks. They may be used to store your session information to prevent others from changing your password without your login information.
- Performance: These cookies can help us collect information to help us understand how you use our Site, for example whether you have viewed messages or specific pages and how long you spent on each page. This helps us improve the performance of our Site.
- Analytics: These cookies collect information regarding your activity on our Site to help us learn more about which features are popular with our users and how our Site can be improved.
How to Adjust Your Preferences
Most Web browsers are initially configured to accept cookies, but you can change this setting so your browser either refuses all cookies or informs you when a cookie is being sent. In addition, you are free to delete any existing cookies at any time. Please note that some features of the Services may not function properly when cookies are disabled or removed.
We may send you e-mail or other messages and/or a newsletter about us or our Services. You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from commercial messages and stop receiving future communication from us by following the UNSUBSCRIBE link in any such email or message, by emailing us at email@example.com.
We reserve the right to send you service-related communications, including service announcements and administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Should you not wish to receive such communications, you may cancel your account.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of eighteen (18). In the event that you become aware that an individual under the age of eighteen (18) has enrolled without parental permission, please advise us immediately.
Changes to the Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time to keep it up to date with legal requirements and the way we operate our business, and we will place any updates on this webpage. Please come back to this page every now and then to make sure you are familiar with the latest version. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will seek to inform you by notice on our Site and/or App.
Comments and Questions
If you have any comments or questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: December 2019